Dinner Past and Future, June 9Week

      Slowly we're eating more salads and less comfort foods, though I love a good salad. 

Sunday- Son worked and ate there. I had miscellaneous items found in the refrigerator and made a big Italian pasta salad with vegetables and loads of olives. 

Monday - Chicken thighs with a quinoa and cucumber salad

Tuesday - Sausage, onion, and mushroom Rotini pasta

Wednesday- Salmon, son, with avocado toast, baked potato, brown beans and broccoli 

Thursday- Ranch and parmesan crusted chicken vegetables.

Friday- Tuna Cakes on French Rolls,  pasta salad, green beans

Saturday - Odd meal day, but eventually we had toasted ham and cheese with cucumbers and tomatoes to use up the French rolls

     I've got another graduation party today. My son's working. My younger daughter has been here off and on for the weekend, so not sure what she'll want. She has more mouth work tomorrow so will need a soft diet again. I'm not sure yet if she wants to stay here or her own apartment after, but I'll keep the young cat regardless so she can rest without him crawling on her face. Suffice it to say, I'll feed her anything she wants today. 

     No idea what we'll be eating this week. I have hamburger that something needs to be done with. Maybe meatballs for pasta or subs? I've got cheese ravioli to do in the crockpot and I know there's chicken and more ground beef in the freezer. I need coffee so likely will do a top up shop so will figure it out. Ideas please.

Comments

  1. I have a pound of ground beef for tonight also. I'm making meatballs and having them over pasta tonight and then I'll save the remaining meatballs and sauce for subs Tuesday night. I hope all goes well with your daughter's oral surgery. That is no fun at all. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tacos or a beef rice skillet dish?

    We're having leftovers, because we have a ton of food in our fridge from having guests this week. (Hawaii Planner)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing hamburger is what we'd call minced beef (or pork, or lamb?) over here. I'd probably make lasagne, cottage pie or chilli, something that could be made and then frozen in individual servings for husband. We like salads with pasta or couscous or rice, with lots of chopped veggies added, with some fruit also (like satsumas or grapes), and crumbled feta or halloumi cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your meals sound yummy! Hope all goes well with your daughter's mouth work, and she heals quickly.
    I have some pork in the crockpot for BBQ sandwiches and carnitas. . I picked up mushrooms on sale at Aldi, that I need to use, so maybe mushroom chicken or Alice springs chicken.
    Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meatloaf and mashed potatoes with green beans

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taco soup, beef stroganoff, burritos, cottage pie, lasagna or pasta with meat sauce are my standby meals with ground beef. If I truly don't want to cook, I make cocktail meatballs in the slow cooker. ( Bake meatballs in the oven, then put them in a slow cooker with whatever cocktail sauce recipe you prefer.) I was at Costco with a friend yesterday, and we were lamenting how tired we are of meal planning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a craving for stuffed peppers, or a lazy stuffed cabbage casserole. One of those might be on the menu soon. JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ground beef around here gets cooked and chopped. Then, I can use it in spaghetti or Tommy eats it as a burger or on a salad.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you comment anonymously, it'd be nice to have a name to go with the comment. It helps me string other people's comments and therefore their experiences together.

Popular posts from this blog

Testing the Waters

So Very Tired

Floundering Financially