Dinner Past and Future, May 26, 2024

     I'm in a gray mood, but hoping as I get up and about I'll feel lighter. I've got a day with the dogs, though if it's rainy, might be an awful long day for them inside. My sister's hosting a BBQ so I'll go out for a bit. My blogs are nothingness to read some days, but a sort of pattern for me. Sunday, so must be aral plan day. May is winding down. Our diet has been more of some things, and not as much variety as I like. 

Sunday- I had cheese and crackers after too much food all weekend. My son had grilled  ham and cheese and tomato soup

Monday - My daughter worked her second job near our house and could save time by working from our house in the afternoon so she joined us for supper. Chana Masala, basmati rice, naan

Tuesday - Risotto with Asparagus

Wednesday-  Turkey Burger patty melts and shells and cheese

Thursday- Garlic chicken, couscous and Italian blend vegetables

Friday- Penne with vegetables, plus son ate a leftover turkey burger

Saturday - Leftover penne and vegetables, toast w/ peanut butter. Just me. Wait- my youngest came for a few hours after I'd eaten and finished the rest of the penne and I sent her with an egg and cheese burrito for a later nosh. 

     With paying 1/2 half taxes, a bit of weekend purchases with my sister's, and a few more one off expenses, I'm trying to tighten up this week's spending. Here's options I think might be on the menu this week after a rummage in the pantry, fridge, and freezer. There should be leftovers for lunch. 

  • BBQ at sisters, I'm bring a strawberry and cream cheese cake, chips and black bean and corn salsa 
  • Pork burrito bowls with refried beans and rice
  • Chicken stuffing  hot dish and mashed potatoes
  • Ham and cheese paninis with roasted potatoes
  • Breakfast for supper- biscuits and gravy, fruit, and eggs
  • Tuna cakes, pasta and pea salad
  • Spaghetti with garlic sauce and cheese
     This of course could change on a daily whim, but at least a starting place. 

Comments

  1. Your meal plan sounds fabulous! Wishing you a relaxing day today :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got some work done and am a bit sore today, but it was good.

      Delete
  2. I stretched the bbq pork out into four days. Sandwiches on Sunday, nachos on Monday, wraps on Tuesday and then hash on Wednesday. It was a total hit. Thursday I got cheese fries and a slice of pizza at the Night Market, friday we got Wingstop. Maybe not exciting to some but it’s the first one near us, so we were pumped. Threw together a quick cookout last evening for all four kids and a family friend. A good fridge clean out is on deck for tonight and tomorrow. The rest of the week is TBD. Temps drop down into the 60’s so I’ll probably sneak in some oven usage and maybe a soup. JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the other half of the pork roast I made last week for the tacos and such. We've got a cool week ahead here too.

      Delete
  3. The strawberry & cream cheese cake sounds fantastic. We ended up going out for dinner, vs eating our planned leftovers last night. C'est la vie, I suppose. Dinner out was a lot of fun, so no regrets. (Hawaii Planner)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an underwhelming cake- not worth the calories. I'm glad your dinner out was a good choice.

      Delete
  4. Sounds delicious, Sam. Sometimes a dinner of cheese and crackers is perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm craving asparagus now! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year's so far has been delicious. I suppose it's just about done now though.

      Delete
  6. I hope your gray mood passes quickly and you enjoy the long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did- I had a nice evening with dogs after the BBQ.

      Delete
  7. Your meals sound very good, both what you ate and what might happen.
    I am trying to use what we have, but of course I went grocery shopping this week and now have more to add to the freezer. Will I ever learn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some archeology funds in my freezer that need to go.

      Delete
  8. when in gray mood I suggest a good salsa and a bowl of nasty chips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My salsa was good- I suppose the chips are ok. The day got better.

      Delete

Post a Comment

If you comment anonymously, it'd be nice to have a name to go with the comment. It helps me string other people's comments and therefore their experiences together.

Popular posts from this blog

Testing the Waters

Floundering Financially

On Having Things to Look Forward To