A Wonderful Evening to End February

      I had a wonderful treat on February 29 I haven't shared. Many of you know Anne from Cooking and all that Jazz, and of her musically talented son and daughter-in-law. Anne arranged for me to be a guest of her daughter-in-laws performance at Leap Year House Party Concert in St Paul. Oh my goodness is Helena Hallberg wonderful. I don't even know how to do justice to the evening. The concert was kicked off by Sara Morris, who I think is a St Paul friend artist. Both had beautiful folk music tones, though modern, with songs that had touching lyrics and musical notes that take you elsewhere. Particularly, Helena's lighthouse song as lighthouses have significance in my family with my husband. 

     My younger daughter joined me. We had a moment to introduce ourselves to Helena, and were greeted like old friends with a hug. After the performances, the musicians were in high demand so we made a quiet exit, but not before snapping QR code for her soon to be released full album and merchandise site which you can get in the link in her name above. We added my email to be on both of the musicians newsletter lists.

     Thank you, thank you Anne and Helena. It truly was a gift. I'll share my gift with you in a YouTube video of the special song Lighthouse. I'm getting my order in for the full album.



Comments

  1. What a wonderful experience. This is so lovely of Anne, and I am glad you and your youngest enjoyed the performance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne is wonderful, as is her daughter in law. The blogging community has kind souls.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful evening. What a nice and gracious gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very nice, and spending with my daughter even better.

      Delete
  3. What a nice evening. Very talented and a beautiful voice she has.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That gift was quite a treat from Anne. I love Helena's voice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing evening you had - you and your daughter deserved it
    And Helena’s voice is stunning
    Siobhan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne and Helena were so kind to have us included. Isn't her voice beautiful!

      Delete
  6. I follow Helena on Facebook. My mom’s name was Helene so I love her music and love her name! Cindy in the South

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to follow. I hope her other engagements went well too in St Paul. Packed weekend.

      Delete
  7. I am so happy you enjoyed it. I can’t wait to talk with Helena after this tour is over. Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure had a busy schedule in the Twin Cities. She's as kind and personable as you've described and so talented.

      Delete
  8. How wonderful! She is so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy to hear you and your daughter had such a wonderful evening. That was a wonderful gift from Anne. I've listed to the videos that Anne has shared and Helena is a truly talented artist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to hearing her full album.

      Delete
  10. What a treat. I'm not familiar with Helena, isn't her voice gorgeous?
    I'm so happy that you enjoyed your cruise. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You now may be on the forefront as her career continues. Maybe she'll play at one of the festivals where you trade? I'd love to hear that. I am looking forward to your new holiday recap.

      Delete

Post a Comment

If you comment anonymously, it'd be nice to have a name to go with the comment. It helps me string other people's comments and therefore their experiences together.

Popular posts from this blog

Testing the Waters

Floundering Financially

On Having Things to Look Forward To