Friday Fiscal Wellness Check, October 2, 2026

                                                 


         

     For my Friday posts, I copy a previous week, delete the old and update as I go along the week. This helps me add as the week goes on. Here's my recap of Friday, September 25 to Thursday, October 1. I list things as they come up. 

Use it Up/Avoid Waste
  • Brought full order of hash browns that came with my dinner Saturdsy night home.
  • Brought my youngest a few freezer ready meals from my stash. She's been very busy with all her jobs this week.
Avoiding Spending/Saving on needs 
  • Minimal spending on H and G items this week-wet dog food, treats for dogs, quick oats, sugar, a couple things for a salad potluck, and diet Dr Pepper. I've been on a use freezer finds mode this week.
  • Paid/ earmarked autopay bills yesterday since the 1st to ensure no late fees and am fully aware of my funds.

Opportunities to add Funds/Windfalls 

  • Entered receipts in Fetch. 

 Non-Thrifty or Frugal

  • Fortunately nothing big, but will be coming.

Then, there are often other things that impacted my check book that came up without much planning or notice, an extra optional or necessary expense, or an all-out splurge.

  • Nothing I'd consider a splurge.

  Daily Dinner Diary (Friday 9/25 to Thursday, 10/1). 

Fri -  Sausage, vegetable soup, guacamole tortilla chips 

Sat- Out for dinner, Chicken Kiev, salad, wild rice 

Sun- Egg burrito made with leftover hash browns and last bit of cheddar.

Mon- Salad supper buffet before AAUW business meeting and speaker.

Tues- Met mom friends at Perkins to plan the weekend away details. I had the burger, fries, and pie meal, taking pie home.

Weds- Frozen, but homemade, burrito

Thur- I made a frozen pizza very late for lunch and had a slice too many. No dinner needed but drank lots of water all evening to counter sodium content! 

Leftovers/ Added to Freezer:

  • Nothing because I was using up freezer meals and leftovers 
     I didn't blog this week other than this post and my last WIS tally Sunday and likely won't the coming few weeks ahead. I've had and will have a few unusually busy for me weeks with quite a few not really issues (hopefully), but things to manage plus an actual weekend with friends planned. This is such a caring community that I wanted to give a preemptive heads up in my blog absense and that all's well with me and immediate family. I'm having commenting by phone issues too, but hope to stay on top of reading, even if not commenting.  How was your week?

   


          

Comments

  1. Cheers to a good week and your October ahead. 🎊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was on a used freezer finds meal plan this week too and it really helped clean up my freezer, which I love. You already know we've been car shopping, so I've been hit or miss on posting on others blogs too. Hopefully we will get this all settled soon. I have you have a good weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a great week ahead and everything goes smoothly. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a really good week, and well done on using things up. We are in that mode as well. I need to be prepping meals, because we've had a lot of events out of the house lately. Hope your week goes well, and you get a bit of respite in the upcoming days. - Hawaii Planner

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you comment anonymously, it'd be nice to have a name to go with the comment. It helps me string other people's comments and therefore their experiences together.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Worse Than I Imagined

Home Found

Testing the Waters