Day to Day Life

     


     With sumner winding down, early morning's are coolish and it's pretty dark by 8:30 already. If I could find a place that was like these weeks year round, I'd be very interested in moving there, at least part of the year. I used to love the heat of summer, still do in short doses if we could get rain between heat spells, but also love a warm sweater, a hot cup of something wrapped in a blanket, which is part of what makes such a great few weeks for me, after August 20th until fall really decides it's here. 

     I'm getting grandpup out for walks usually before pups meds at 9. We go again late morning/ early afternoon, but avoid hot pavement. I have to move the night walk up a few minutes each day or start bringing the headlamp again, a regular feature to my attire by mid September. We lose 2 minutes of light each night in Minnesota, 80 mimutes of sun the month of August. 

     I've been horrible at tackling projects, but try and stay on top of day to day cleaning and basic yard work. I got happy with a lopper one day and finally cleared some errant maple tree sprouts and weeds that got so thick in their stalks I couldn't  pull them out. I've got a couple yard bags filled that need to get to the yard waste collector. That list from July is practically untouched, but I've got a game plan in my head for September and making the most of good weather days. 

     I need to buy paint, both white for the garage and porch trim, and blue for my front door. Here's kind of how I want my front door to look. My door way is not so grand but I have a nice narrow porch with a railing that I think will make a blue door pop for more appeal. A good scrub down first will work wonders. My chair pads are shot, but they were cheap ones bought six years ago. The pillow is still fine. Unless I find a a porch couch/loveseat that I really love I'll keep using these chairs. They actually are quite comfortable for reading and visiting  with neighbors out front. 

     I'm not sure why I'm rambling on about nothing. I guess I just wanted to talk and check in with you all. Day to day life has been quiet. As troubling as things are in the world, quiet is working for me. I'm eating simple meals, doing simple hobbies, and just simply living.

 

Comments

  1. Simply living is a great thing to do. Your front door will look lovely. Mine is steel with a fake wood pattern, not really suitable to paint tho I'd like a blue color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the blue will look really pretty in the winter and the drab months of November and March when there's no color in my front of house.

      Delete
  2. Freshening up the porch will give everything a lift, including yourself. Love to see a picture when it's done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so as well. Blue is a cheery color...my husbands favorite.

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on wishing for permanent spring or autumn weather. I don't actually mind winter though, but the summer heat is horrible (to me at least)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bitter cold literally bites. It just lasts so long here, but I too don't mind a bit of winter.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. There's just too much chaos beyond my doors right now.

      Delete
  5. I’m happy to count myself in as living simply too.
    Today I realised that I’ve been neglecting housework 🤭 it’s been too hot is my excuse. So I set to and our place looks a bit more respectable - now for an afternoon of something gentle like crochet or knitting.
    Alison in Devon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My porch has become cobwebs central, and a few birds chose to make a mess. Begirw I even think about painting, a thorough cleaning is necessary.

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful color of blue for a front door. Being able to sit on your front porch sounds very relaxing but still social.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it out front. It doesnt wirk when big dog is here, but pup just hangs out with me. Isn't that a pretty shade in the photos?

      Delete
  7. Love that door. It looks great! I'm with the other posters - sometimes simplicity is what you need to step back and get a little space, in your own head, if nothing else. Glad the weather is enjoyable for you. We've had a really lovely summer & I do appreciate the bay area weather. - Hawaii Planner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its been so nice taking an earky afternoon walk without melting. I know we'll have a heat dome again fir days here and there, but Ill take the breaks. My kids all have a lot going on. I feel I'm sort of their respite.

      Delete
  8. I love this time of year. Yeah, my to-do list is a not-done list, but I am trying to focus on the immediate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think about your business and hope you can have te fir your own wellness.

      Delete
  9. Most of my days are pretty simple and I like it that way. Of course, if I were so inclined I could make those simple days more productive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think from your posts you're more productive than you think. Your volunteer work and being there for family, your beloved sister particularly, is a gift to them.

      Delete
  10. Your life sounds a lot like mine right now. Quiet, busy doing whatever I want, which is sometimes not much at all. The front door is also on a short list of things I must address but I haven't worked up the desire to start it. Today looks like it won't happen. Maybe cooler weather will inspire me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair, heat and paint aren't a good mix and I bet its hotter than here in Texas. You've been majorly ambitious though on your house. I think youre a year or so farther in this place if everything landing on your shoulders. I hope Im taling kessons grom you. You truly are remarkable and still working outside the home.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. In my case it might be a bit of hiding as well, from the outside world.

      Delete
  12. Spring and fall are my favorite times. I love simpler living, just do a little of this and a little of that - and call it good. A little touch up and things looked refreshed. Life can be good without spending a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasxa quick sweep and tidy, but the porch looked so much better with just that. I'll watch for the first good Friday when I can then avoid the front door for a couple days before painting.

      Delete

Post a Comment

If you comment anonymously, it'd be nice to have a name to go with the comment. It helps me string other people's comments and therefore their experiences together.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Worse Than I Imagined

Home Found

Testing the Waters