Day to Day Life
With sumner winding down, early morning's are coolish and it's pretty dark by 8:30 already. If I could find a place that was like these weeks year round, I'd be very interested in moving there, at least part of the year. I used to love the heat of summer, still do in short doses if we could get rain between heat spells, but also love a warm sweater, a hot cup of something wrapped in a blanket, which is part of what makes such a great few weeks for me, after August 20th until fall really decides it's here.
I'm getting grandpup out for walks usually before pups meds at 9. We go again late morning/ early afternoon, but avoid hot pavement. I have to move the night walk up a few minutes each day or start bringing the headlamp again, a regular feature to my attire by mid September. We lose 2 minutes of light each night in Minnesota, 80 mimutes of sun the month of August.
I've been horrible at tackling projects, but try and stay on top of day to day cleaning and basic yard work. I got happy with a lopper one day and finally cleared some errant maple tree sprouts and weeds that got so thick in their stalks I couldn't pull them out. I've got a couple yard bags filled that need to get to the yard waste collector. That list from July is practically untouched, but I've got a game plan in my head for September and making the most of good weather days.
I need to buy paint, both white for the garage and porch trim, and blue for my front door. Here's kind of how I want my front door to look. My door way is not so grand but I have a nice narrow porch with a railing that I think will make a blue door pop for more appeal. A good scrub down first will work wonders. My chair pads are shot, but they were cheap ones bought six years ago. The pillow is still fine. Unless I find a a porch couch/loveseat that I really love I'll keep using these chairs. They actually are quite comfortable for reading and visiting with neighbors out front.
I'm not sure why I'm rambling on about nothing. I guess I just wanted to talk and check in with you all. Day to day life has been quiet. As troubling as things are in the world, quiet is working for me. I'm eating simple meals, doing simple hobbies, and just simply living.

Simply living is a great thing to do. Your front door will look lovely. Mine is steel with a fake wood pattern, not really suitable to paint tho I'd like a blue color.
ReplyDelete