Progress and Now to Enjoy

      The fence got put in yesterday! I was called on the way to work, a very confusing call. I was surprised because they just had sent an email that the window was up to four weeks and they don't pre-schedule. She had two files in front of her and wrong Post-It notes on mine saying I needed a call first because of problematic neighbors. No, not my note. I had her double check the address, and sure enough, not my house. She apologized and said she'd call back. When she did, she still confirmed fence was ready to be installed. 

     My son was doing a project from home so I let him know. It took about 6 hours total from his report and he and pup took advantage in the late afternoon. My son had made a makeshift desk area with a couple old chairs. Today he'll get the patio hosed off and furniture out. He'll mow the front and side yard too. I'm swamped for work, but might take a meeting out there. One of the benefits I'm looking forward to in nice weather is an outside office from time to time. I worked from the porch often, but the dogs barked at every neighbor leaving, car passing, or mail or package being delivered. 

     I'll wait until stair railing is done before a better picture tour. Also, major landscaping is needed after the years of overgrowth, loss of grass, bare patches from the deck, then trees cut back. I'll work with what I have this summer. Here's just a little glimpse of before and after. I still need to get the Wet and Forget on the neighbors fence section. 


Same back corner as before shot. Look, no
park Porto potty in my view any longer.


Opposite corner. So many bare spots! 

Comments

  1. Oh I love the fence! Beautiful trees too. You will have an oasis in your back yard. Maybe a few planters with flowers and veggies. I'm sure the pups will love their freedom too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a lot of work before it's an oasis, but a start.

      Delete
  2. Looks so great! Congratulations. You will love having the space back there. (Hawaii Planner)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Over time it will be a good place for beautiful evenings.

      Delete
  3. That's a happy surprise! The fence looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the neighbors got theirs fast, and we were two Business days earlier.

      Delete
  4. That looks fabulous
    Money very well spent
    Siobhan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope over time it will be a retreat space.

      Delete
  5. What a great job, it looks lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I er time it's a good and calm space.

      Delete
  6. The fence looks great. Bare spots happen unless you have a full time gardener or garden work is your passion. I have/am neither, so I do have some naked areas in my backyard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm destined for bare spots forever then. No passion, no gardener. I just want passable.

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful fence!!! I redid one side of my yard's fence last Memorial Day and maybe, just maybe I'll do the other side this year. Being that it's already Memorial Day THIS weekend, it may not get done... We'll see. Good job!!! And THANK you for being such a loyal follower! and I'm so sorry about your husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes a while for the work to get done. Last year my daughter was well into July though she booked in April.

      Delete
  8. The fence looks great! It sure will be nice to have privacy from the park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will, but, from the house, we still can see the park.

      Delete
  9. As Robert Frost said....."He says again, ‘Good fences make good neighbors.’" We had hoped to fence off part of our 5 acres but being as we aren't staying here, that project got nixed. I love a good fence, especially if one has "bad" neighbors. It's all well and good in the Land of Subdivisions. Enjoy your oasis. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have completely lovely neighbors in one side and ok on the other, but with very poor behaving children. They no longer will be able to retrieve the toys they throw over their fence, so I'll have a little collection to return. They had a ball go over times in a day. Last time I wasn't able to save before the dog had a good play with it. Pop.

      Delete
  10. If you needed a port a potty you would be happy there was one close😂. Nice fence without a view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a small park in a small neighborhood. It's more a nuisance in my opinion.

      Delete
  11. Wow! It looks great! Fantastic news! JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, JoAnn. And now to keep the kids next door from throwing stuff in my yard.

      Delete
  12. Oh, that looks great! I know y’all will enjoy that so much! I love being outside when it’s nice and sunny and not steaming hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This gets good morning shade from trees, and by late afternoon sun is on other side so we'll use it a lot.

      Delete
  13. I absolutely love the white fence, not what I expected at all. People who have dogs rarely have grass all over their yard. Under my one tree it was hard to get it all grassy. That is why I put Hosta in pots, celosia, too. I set the pots on rocks I had so the pots would not get all muddy and ugly. Pots on roots looked good, too. The park behind the people across the street has lots of use. Some of the people backed up to the park have put in access fences which I think is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bare patches aren't from the dogs, but from the tree overgrowth and deconstruction of deck and putting in the patio. I have an access fence to the park.

      Delete
  14. You've done a wonderful job Sam, and as soon as summer finally hits, won't it be wonderful to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think summer might be here- 80's again this weekend.

      Delete

Post a Comment

If you comment anonymously, it'd be nice to have a name to go with the comment. It helps me string other people's comments and therefore their experiences together.

Popular posts from this blog

So Very Tired

Testing the Waters

Struggling in Year Two as a Widow