Updating My Blog Reading List
![]() |
| Photo just for cuteness from her last visit when I was mindlessly scrolling on my phone. |
After the weird debacle on Blogger requiring us to hunt for our regular blog reads, its nice to have that feature back. I spent a little time updating my "manage" tab and deleted blogs that have been abandoned. I keep old ones though that still are technically open as just maybe an old favorite will start blogging again. I'd miss seeing them pop up.
Another action I've been doing is exploring blogs of readers of my favorites to see if there's more like minded or "hey, thats interesting" subject writers. I've really been hopping around reading new to me financial, food, and style, both home and fashion blogs. Travel blogs are interesting to me too, but not the ones where travelling then writing about, is their job. They seem out of my reality grasp. They might be good for part of trip preplanning but I can Google at the time and likely find multiple sources.
I'm interested in how people are making the most of the resources they have. I think that's why the topics mentioned above mingled with real lifestyles, are fun to read. Seeing a shopping and styling haul from thrifting or reusing items in their own closet or another part of their home peak my potential for being creative. A haul from TJ Max and Home Goods just feels like rampant consumerism. That's judgey, I know. It's also admittedly hypocritical because I too like a wander in those stores. The occasional shop and tell is fun, but not if it's the entire blog, IG, or YouTube identity.
I love the international aspect of blogging, IG, and YouTube as I get a bit of that armchair travel in real life. The US is so big, social media from other parts of the country open up my brain as well. Your thoughts? Any recommendations to share?

I found that the daily hunt over quite a long period made me very aware of what I was still reading for pleasure. I want to read blogs with which I feel a personal connection. I haven't found any "new" blogs for a while.
ReplyDeleteIt was really a hunt wasn't it?
DeleteI like the Frequent Miler blog for points and miles. Ive met several of the writers who are genuinely nice people. They mention credit card signups but there is a lot more to the blog. One of their writers spent 7 years traveling around the US with his wife and their dog. I got several great travel trios from the blog-No Home Just Roam., including info about visiting the Leinenkugel brewery when we were in Wisconsin. I also read Laura Vanderkam’s blog and the SHUBox. Great fior time management tips. .
ReplyDeleteIll need to look up both of them. I'm doing a lot of desk chair exploring. I'm seeing similar flight and hotel stays price wise to Athens again for spring of 27, cant look much farther than that on the various travel sites, but I know I want to go back especially after seeing glimpses the layout and then maybe do day trips out if the city and perhaps an island or two. But the world is possible!
DeleteI really need to do a clear up of my favourite blogs and find a few new ones that I can relate to. I am doing the same thing with the Youtube channels I watch.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
Too many YouTube went down the whole paid for content lane to where they're not enjoyable. I get it...money to be made. A blend is fine if the organic stuff is the main.
DeleteSon2 would agree with the TOO much paid for youtube. He is on disability and realized he should have did better with finances starting with NOT paying for youtube LOL
DeleteI don't pay the ad free cost.
DeleteI am echoing those commenting on needing to clear up their lists of favorite blogs (add YouTube to my list too). Heck, just clearing off the number of pages (not blogs, not YouTube) that I "bookmarked" and have never gone back to....!!
ReplyDeleteI text myself links to go back and read and watch. Its getting way too long!
DeleteDuring all of blogger craziness I did clean up my list. I had a lot of blogs that never post anymore.
ReplyDeleteI have found a couple I now follow that I did not before and I am enjoying them
Sorry my phone does not like to use my account. Anne in the kitchen
DeleteI'm on a cooking/ meal plan kick right now getting ideas for dishes I'll never make.
DeleteI did this very same thing! Originally I was going to save those "dead" blogs and refer to them but something about that felt weird - like why did they just stop and not say why? Plus, there are other like-minded people blogging, yet for me to discover!
ReplyDeleteI think blogging as a hobbie website and flows. I noodle around many posts that I don't publishbecause I like to visually see thoughts. Maybe I should publish even fewer as life is quite uninteresting now. But, I think some bloggers stop because life gets very hectic and it might feel like another chore.
DeleteThat photo, it melts my heart!
ReplyDeleteI always feel so guilty deleting blogs from my sidebar but sometimes its got to be done. Like you I can't be doing with rampant consumerism, the odd buying post is fun but when that's all they write about, no thanks ditto a constant litany of illnesses! xxx
Isn't she just the sweetest...though she was probably planning a foot attack. It gets draining to read woe all the time, though Ill update on real stuff. I know that can be seen negative so am trying hard to stay 10,000 feet.
DeleteCan you suggest and personal style/ dressing blog for an early 70’s female….need to change my styles and get more interesting for me!
ReplyDeleteMaybe read Vix, Vintage Vixen, then click her readers comments. She has lovely readers.
DeleteI can’t find Laura’s new blog after she moved to Portland! Cindy in the South
ReplyDeleteHmm, whats the title if you recall?
DeleteI can’t remember. I know I found it originally from Tamara at My retirement project but now I can’t find her blog either….. sigh. Cindy in the South
DeleteUpdate: I found her! Make the Lemonade is the name
Deleteof her blog. Cindy in the South