Friday Fiscal Wellness Check, September 11, 2026
- On days my daughter stayed here, I sent her leftovers to work for her lunches.
- Daughter negotiated a substantial rent credit for October after the issues with the air ducts. Not my savings, but as I could see how stressful it was for her and the chaos flowed into my home, I feel better for her.
Opportunities to add Funds/Windfalls
- Entered receipts in Fetch, played MS Rewards. I did a couple of Saga surveys.
Non-Thrifty or Frugal
- No irregular expenses this week.
Then, there are often other things that impacted my check book that came up without much planning or notice, an extra optional or necessary expense, or an all-out splurge.
- I added a subscription to something unneeded, but almost consider it a one time donation.
Fri - A sort of medley of vegetables, with sliced sausage, and steamed potatoes, using up some odd vegetables. It made two servings and my daughter ate the rest later.
Sat- Roasted pork sandwich and grilled chicken wings, assorted sides at my sisters
Sun- Tortellini Alfredo with spinach and mushrooms, toast
Mon- Quinoa salad, grapes, yogurt
Tues- Spaghetti with a vegetable tomato sauce, plus Italian turkey meatballs on the side.
Weds- Chicken, rice, cheese, and broccoli hotdish
Thur- Leftovers
Leftovers/ Added to Freezer:
- Nothing this week.
It was a very uneventful financial week and that's good. I'm looking forward to nothing on my calendar this weekend so I can reset my house and plan for a busy week ahead as now with the weather comfortable, I need to tackle things Ive been putting off. I'm not certain when and how much I'll be at my MIL's. She's in good spirits, considering, though uncomfortable and worried about surgery. I may have a meetup with a couple friends, but not anything fully planned. I'm trying to figure out more ways to have fulfilling weekends not dependent on others availability.

I am glad your daughter was able to at least get some financial compensation for the difficulties she has had with the new apartment.
ReplyDeleteUneventful financial weeks are not a bad thing at all. I love them when they happen.