Friday Fiscal Wellness Check, September 18, 2026

                                               


         

     For my Friday posts, I copy a previous week, delete the old and update as I go along the week. This helps me add as the week goes on. Here's my recap of Friday, September 11 to Thursday, September 17. I just sort of list things as they come up. I know my WIS is somewhat redundant but my Fridays are a more overall check into how I'm doing in terms of financial wellness instead of daily tracking each expense. 

Use it Up/Avoid Waste
  • Used a sizeable bag of unopened carrot strips, as used in restaurant salads my son had brought from work ( the day after a wedding) in chicken noodle soup. I had tossed them in the freezer.
Avoiding Spending/Saving on needs 
  • No AC and no heat! Unless we get yet another heat wave, I might have a reprieve from excessive use of either utility, gas or electricity for the next 4 to 7 weeks.  
  • Used 14 cent reward to fill up gas which will credit my cc at end of billing cycle. I noticed gas yesterday was $4.48...I don't recall it ever being that high here but could be wrong.

Opportunities to add Funds/Windfalls 

  • Entered receipts in Fetch, played MS Rewards. I tried to do several Saga surveys but apparently I'm not the right demographic so screened out.
  • I will add a cool $2 bill to my kitty for doing another Minnesota Opinion Poll.

 Non-Thrifty or Frugal

  • Paid for my seat at the fall AAUW October fest fundraiser dinner held next month.

Then, there are often other things that impacted my check book that came up without much planning or notice, an extra optional or necessary expense, or an all-out splurge.

  • Nothing out came up this week for ne, but my daughter had to have an electrician out.

  Daily Dinner Diary (Friday 9/11 to Thursday, 9/17). 

Fri -  Went out for dinner with siblings; I had the Friday fish fry dinner, taking half the fish and waffle fries home.

Sat- I had eaten leftovers from Friday for lunch and that was quite filling, but really thinking a shake all day. A strawberry shake became my Saturday dinner.

Sun- Homemade chicken noodle soup, Triscuit crackers, cucumber slices, and hummus.

Mon- Happy Hour nibbles with former coworkers. Made a potato in the microwave later as was a bit hungry after getting dogs fed and outside.

Tues- Vegetable pasta dish with creamy pepper sauce. My daughter had a few days of comp time so didn't need her dog to be at my house. Pup and I brought him home and stayed for dinner. 

Weds- Goulash (made with daughters garden tomatoes)

Thur- Leftover goulash 

Leftovers/ Added to Freezer:

  • Nothing. With bringing my MIL meals and eating leftovers, I've managed to cook right amounts.
     It was a gentle spending week for the most part without surprises. Other than checking on my MIL this morning, I'll be home all day and really need to clean my kitchen well. It's a soaker rain happening outside, so needed. I'll do some arm chair travelling today as well. My Amex Delta bill cane for the annual fee. It pays for itself in checked luggage and miles, but only if I actually travel. How was your week?

   


          

Comments

  1. We had another spendy week, with a ski pass for Nick (his Christmas gift), some car wash supplies for M (anniversary gift) & then a few additional plumbing supplies. On the plus side, I had two no spend days & our grocery spend was pretty reasonable, as we knew we would be traveling starting tomorrow. - Hawaii Planner

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a spendy week but all planned thankfully. I made our contributions to the granddaughters' college funds and a couple of charitable donations. Unplanned (but not unusual spending) were my couple of trips to get coffee out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you comment anonymously, it'd be nice to have a name to go with the comment. It helps me string other people's comments and therefore their experiences together.

Popular posts from this blog

It's Worse Than I Imagined

Home Found

Testing the Waters