Friday Fiscal Wellness Check, August 14, 2026
- Putting this here as it saved food from garbage likely. I tried a $3.99 Too Good to Go meal.- pure curiosity. This is very new in my area, and limited but Ive seen YouTube unbaggings and it seemed fun to try for not a huge amount. It was from a convenience store so hopes we're not high. But, I received a small, but ample turkey, ham, and cheese sandwich, grapes, three giant cookies, and a container of 12 donut holes. The cookies and donuts went in the freezer for a future treat for someone and ate sandwich and grapes for lunch Sunday. Doubtful Id get one again, but we'll see if other bakery, stores, or restaurants join.
- Turned a $2 rotisserie chicken ( two day old) into a huge batch of chicken salad that was lunch for both my son and I, plus myself another day, and a supper. I also got a very meaty broth made, then froze for future soup this fall.
- Gave pup a bath and shaved him as best I could with my daughters help. I could have brought him to vet to do this, but it would have been both expensive and even more stressful for him. Does he look like a show dog? No, but he's more comfortable.
- Used a Walgreens promo for a free 8" by 10" to get a photo of me and the kids taken last September. I'm trying to bring more memories to the forefront in my lower level family room. I still need frames for this and photos I had enlarged of the five of us from 2019 and 2022. We weren't big on the formal studio packages and these feel more us.
- Free concert at the river, but did put a couple dollars, all I had other than a $20, in the tip bucket.
Opportunities to add Funds/Windfalls
- Entered receipts in Fetch, played MS Rewards. I did a couple of Saga surveys. I have a referral link...nothing sponsored, just a way I and those that join through referral link can jump start point accumulation.
https://referral.fetch.com/vvv3/referralsocialpostsnap?code=DXREDD
Non-Thrifty or Frugal
- Took my MIL out for an early birthday lunch (16th). We had a good catch-up and my tongue only had to be bitten twice.
Then, there are often other things that impacted my check book that came up without much planning or notice, an extra optional or necessary expense, or an all-out splurge.
- Not needed at all, but BIL found these t-shirts and I ordered one. Had to joke about the campiness of this and that we all noticed the cheesy saying doesn't say "good memories." My BIL's missed their callings as cruise planners.
![]() |
| One of my favorites...stuffed peppers. |
Fri - Rice, tomato, and cheese stuffed green peppers.
Sat- Rice, tomato, and cheese stuffed green peppers.
Sun- Pasta with tomato, green pepper, onion, zuchini ( these were the last bag of cherry tomatoes in my freezer from daughters last year produce.)
Mon- Used the bit of leftover sauce and a leftover hotdog bun to make sort of French bread pizza, watermelon
Tues- Lasagna
Weds- Chicken salad on crackers, cucumber slices, cottage cheese
Thur- Leftover lasagna
Leftovers Added to Freezer:
- 1 large Portion of lasagna (kept two for myself and sent rest with my son- one of which he said he froze)



Love the comment on the t-shirt: "making memories" but doesn't tell you what kind!
ReplyDelete