Nope, Not an Energizer Bunny
![]() |
| This is about my speed these days. |
I can go go go when I'm on vacation, wanting to take in as much as possible in limited time. But, I can't pack in a week at home without feeling spent. It's rare for me to have social and or commitments every day. Sure, I have pet care, house and yard, and my ever present to do list but I'm subject to just my own and the pets schedule and timeline. Since Tuesday I've done my usual at home, but also had 1-2 outside ventures daily. Two concerts, an overnight stay in a hotel, two friend meetups, dinner at my sons, a lake day, and a volunteer shift at a book sale stretched my batteries. Oh, and a late afternoon kitty check and play yesterday.
![]() |
| Pup enjoyed the very warm lake. |
![]() |
| The, he found cool pavers in the shade to nap upon. |
This week starts busy too. My sister, BIL, and I are getting an oak desk and chair ( picture in Friday post) to my son this morning. Tomorrow is PT and a blood work appointment. I really need a stockup shop so will hit Sams Club since it's fairly close to where PT and labs are located (seperate locations, but same town). I've a couple slow days hopefully to deep clean and knock a project off my July list.
Friday, I host book club so need to figure out food and do a shop. My out of town sister will stay over so that's motivation to get the room my son stayed in refreshed as a guest room. Otherwise, she'll just use the bed in my office where my daughter sleeps when she stays over, but it needs fresh sheets, plus should wash the top quilt as pets have napped on it since last washed. It's a sisters birthday and haven't gotten her present yet, so will find a little something along with homemade jam. ( We do more simple, novelty, inexpensive gifts). I'll have grandpup until early afternoon Friday as daughter has a shoot Thursday night then dentist appointment in town Friday morning. My sister is bringing her 6 year old grandson as parents needed care overnight. I'm going to haul down the bin I saved of my sons transformers, trucks, and dinosaurs and hopefully that will amuse him.
Weird to think just 18 months ago, I would have this, plus a full time job on my calendar. Suffice it to say, these past two weeks confirms I'm not the energizer bunny I might have once proclaimed to be.



Wow. That IS a lot! I could never figure out how you managed to do all you did when you worked full time.(Same could be said about many other women who also worked full time and bore the greater responsibility of their households.)
ReplyDeleteI have a house party to attend on Friday evening, and then am hosting one on Saturday afternoon. In between I have seemed to schedule several appointments. While my schedule is nothing like yours, I often find myself waking up, looking at my appointment book and wondering just what I got myself into! I guess is should be glad that people are endeavoring to get me out and about, but as you know from years of reading /commenting on your blog, I am happy to be the cricket in the hearth!
You mention Sam’s Club…Costco is the retail cult of choice here. My youngest and I went about 3 weeks ago. We play a game where we write down our predictions for time and money spent, and then see who is the closest! The joke used to be we can’t complete a Costco trip in under 3 hours and $300.00!
Have a great week. I admire your energy!
-Meg B.
You are going to have another busy week. I am trying to get as much done as is possible before we leave. There is nothing worse than coming home to a load of tasks I have found. I do know there will be lots of harvesting to do in the garden though.
ReplyDeleteGod bless.
I hear you. I am on major overload right now (elderly father just got out of hospital after 4 days) and this evening just started crying from stress and the to-dos that didn't begin to get done. Energizer bunny? Ha. Maybe one on its side with the batteries thrown across the floor!
ReplyDelete