Friday Thoughts

    Well, I've been adding things all week to various posts, but yesterday was the day the Trump Criminal trial verdict in NYC was announced. I'm avoiding politics, but I'm not an ostrich. I believe the right verdict was reached; the evidence, in mass, was seemingly all  provided by one time loyalists. But, I'm worried about the behavior of his unhinged cult members, so going to lay low and keep my eyes and ears open and walk in opposite direction of any red hats. Be careful out there. 

     Regardless of your political beliefs, I  know this blog group are caring people that just want all people to have decent lives. You worry about virtual friends health and wellness; you write about donating and volunteering in your communities. You share your knowledge of thrift and savings, helping us all maybe save a few dollars to make ends meet or indulge in rewards from time to time. We check in on each other when there's long gaps. 

     I just learned a police officer died in Minneapolis. He and others ambushed trying to help other victims. Senseless violence.

     I woke up to more rain, though not going to complain as the weekend looks good. We had three full days of good weather so one rainy day to three good seems like a perfect weather balance. Certainly keeps gardens and yards watered and help farmers get a good start to their production. 

     It's a third paycheck month. I need to do a little account transferring, but I'll have all bills, home improvement projects, and miscellaneous irregular expenses paid. I'll get a hefty rewards points credit once handled too, even after using some with my sisters mini trip. I've a couple birthdays in June, but no traveling, no big activities, so hoping June is a low to normal spend month. 

     It's my working Friday and lots to do. Time to get the coffee on and in the shower. No grandpup to walk right away, so no wrangling an umbrella. Pup will go later when it's not raining. He's good about finding a rock area under the porch overhang so doesn't get wet. Smart 13 year old. 

Pup sporting his new hair cut. 

Comments

  1. The third paycheck month is always a good month!
    I would not have recognized the photo of Pup since his pics are usually of a little fur ball!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May was an expensive month so it sure came in handy to make targets. Pup really is two dogs, well maybe a third when he first starts curling.

      Delete
  2. Awww great picture of Pup!
    I'm glad that justice is served even for those who think they are above the law.
    I'm sorry about the police officer killed in the ambush. I hope there won't be more senseless violence.
    I think we will have a quiet weekend. No plans really although we may go on a local artisan trail. Some local artists are opening their studios to demonstrate their art which is always fun.
    Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I really love the idea of an artisan trail. Creative arts people are under appreciated- I have no skills so appreciate those that do.

      Delete
  3. I read about that police office killed this am - sad.
    And yes, a three paycheck month is always something to celebrate. (Hawaii Planner)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So senseless, and he was a young father and due to be married. I'm fortunate the timing of the thre check month was in an expensive one.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a very cute photo.
      I find politics endlessly fascinating, both yours and ours.
      How very sad that that police officer died whilst doing his duty. xxx

      Delete
    2. I don't know much about the UK system even with watching Law and Order UK and listening to BBC World Service. I am saddened for his family and community.

      Delete
  5. I was confused, thinking I remembered a fluffy dog. I like that a refuge from rain is available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and likely he'll be fluffy again, but hopefully not overgrown. He prefers to potty by bushes in the grass, but doesn't like the rain on his shirt hair.

      Delete
  6. I didn't recognize Pup either! He's a cutie either way. I'm worried about cult members behavior as well. We just have to keep going though. It's sad about the officer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's such a handsome boy- I'm not impartial. Of course all can believe or not believe that the trial and conviction was right and fair. But to do violence on behalf of that person is the definition of unhinged. The police officer deserved a long and happy life - just too sad.

      Delete

Post a Comment

If you comment anonymously, it'd be nice to have a name to go with the comment. It helps me string other people's comments and therefore their experiences together.

Popular posts from this blog

So Very Tired

Testing the Waters

Struggling in Year Two as a Widow