Dinner Past and Future Sunday, May 12, 2024

      Happy Mother's Day in the US. I'll see all of my three. I still hate grocery shopping and my son's of the same mindset to really be in the mood or desperate. Meals again were cobbled from pantry, freezer, and small top ups. But, I fo ally went on Friday.

Sunday- Pork chops, fried apples, sweet potato, and a bit ever to buy again riced cauliflower and sweet potato steam in the bag. Thankfully, I made gravy that helped give the dude some flavor. 

Monday - Chicken tacos with rice and black bean and corn salsa

Tuesday - Son and older daughter are good she brought or they scrounged.  I had dinner out with my youngest. Later, my son had some leftover turkey meatballs from the freezer with pasta sauce and cheese in a couple French rolls for sort of a meatball sub. 

Wednesday- Rotini pasta with loads of vegetables 

Thursday- A cobbled together tomato and cheese hot dish using up bits of cheeses, plus combined pasta types. It was just so so.

Friday- I ate the leftover hotdish and my son made a grilled sandwich with a mess of fruit. 

Saturday - Homemade pizza and salad.

Pizza from an old blog.

     I spent a small fortune on groceries Friday but have no ideas planned. We're going to a buffet for Mother's Day at 12:30 so I or my daughter can't imagine will be hungry. My son can fend for whatever he's hungry for, probably another sandwich and fruit, but there was a bit of leftover pizza and salad. I'll think later about meal planning, but know we won't go hungry. 

Comments

  1. Happy Mother's Day! Glad you will see all your children today, definitely a blessing.
    Your meals sound good to me. I don't have any ideas for this week; maybe I will get inspired, but I may do what one blogger suggested "just dump some sauce on some chicken". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day, Sam. It's been awhile since we had pork chops, and they are always so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day, SAM. It is great you have all your children with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother’s Day
    The pizza looks fabulous
    Siobhan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother’s Day! Homemade pizza always hits the spot. Not sure what’s on the menu yet this week but maybe we’ll have those! JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Mother's Day. Glad you were getting to see all three of your children. I got to see my two boys. Daughter is in Minnesota, so no seeing her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you comment anonymously, it'd be nice to have a name to go with the comment. It helps me string other people's comments and therefore their experiences together.

Popular posts from this blog

So Very Tired

Testing the Waters

Struggling in Year Two as a Widow